We have a new amazing job vacancy at our Doncaster branch.
Due to increased volumes a new vacancy has arisen for a Trainee Vehicle Damage Assessor within our busy accident repair centre, location in Doncaster.
Main purpose of Job:
- To undertake vehicle estimates on all makes of motor vehicles in a safe and thorough manner, achieving the highest-possible standards of workmanship.
- In the absence of a prescribed repair method the VDA is to confirm and document with the appropriate Technician a repair method; to assess the cost of repairing the vehicle in accordance with the prescribed repair method.
Key Objectives and Tasks:
- Ensure that each estimate is reviewed with the opportunity to upsell extra repair or servicing work and communicate the proposal to the customer.
- Have knowledge of repair methodology to manufacturers standards able to utilise Thatcham Escribe or Manufacturers Technical Data.
- Have knowledge of Manufacturers Vehicle Safety features and construction method, especially with regard to UHSS and Aluminium.
- Ensure that the estimate details are professionally generated via Audatex, Glassmatix etc, and submitted for authorisation as required.
- Have the ability negotiate effectively with insurance assessors, engineers & customers.
- Ensure that the estimates details developed are accurately loaded onto the Autoflow Management System.
- Ensure that all repair job times, materials, labour and costings are recorded accurately and in full.
- Ensure that the agreed repair and PAS125 Scope of Repair can be clearly described to the customer and the relevant insurance assessor.
- Ensure that all external telephone calls are answered with the corporate greeting.
- Follow the company customer handling processes and ascertain the customer’s requirements.
- Ensure that customers are greeted in a professional manner, and the estimator formally introduces the company.
- Ensure that all customers’ data is effectively captured and recorded in a legible format onto the manual estimate sheet.
- Be aware of current department processes and suggest improvements to increase efficiency and service.
- Support the development and implementation of strategies to improve profitability and efficiency.
- Meet all deadlines as set by Managing Director and the General Manager and company procedures.
Experience, Qualifications and Training:
- Some knowledge and experience would be an advantage, but not essential as training and support will be given.
- Ability to manage and administer your time to achieve Company set parameters and efficiencies.
- Able to work within a team to achieve objectives and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- 40 hours per week, plus additional hours when required
- Excellent Salary dependent on experience
- Monthly bonus based on average invoiced hours, plus potential bonus on retail sales
- Workplace pension
- Death in Service after 3 months service